Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Its been a whole month!

Well folks its been a whole month. I've been having a great time here getting to know the community and just growing relationships. I spent the past couple of days writing out Christmas Cards. I've NEVER sent Christmas cards...I'll be mailing out 30 of them tomorrow, most likely more next week(once I get feeling in my left hand again HAHA...yes I'm left handed.)

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving day. I sure ate my share and then some. I went to my friend Mark's home in Waialua. The neighborhood he lives in consists mostly of people who have moved here from the mainland or other countries. They get together every Thanksgiving that they are in town and everyone brings food and has a huge community thanksgiving, about 30 friends who have now become family, or Ohana. This cool looking guy is Hannes. Hannes is an Austrian Redbull jet pilot, among other amazing things he does(Skydive, cliff dive, stuntman)

It was my first Thanksgiving holiday away from home and Family but I was very grateful for the opportunity to make friendships with people like me, who aren't in near proximity with their family. 
So as I've mentioned before I've been leading worship here, now for 4 Sundays. Whoa! The spirit of the Lord sure is moving here. Slowly but surely people are getting more in tune with what worship is, and how to do that openly. God has really been moving in our worship times and I'm praying that the church body would continue to seek Him. Pastor Larry and I have been praying together which has been great. We also have a vision for a coffee style music night in which we would open up one of our large rooms here for local artists who want a venue to share music. We'll be painting the room, and getting very creative with vibe. The hard part will be raising funds to do something like this. The church doesn't have a budget for it so it will be coming out of our pockets.

If you feel led to help financially the door is always open for that. Please get in contact with me. Its a ministry opportunity we feel will reach many unchurched people here on our side of the island. It will give us an opportunity to meet and create relationships with people we would not normally meet on our regular days. Well Surf's up! Da REAL surf started a few days ago with 15ft Hawaiians crashing against the sand. BIG BREAKS dats for sure. I'm going to watch a movie now!

Here is a picture of me and the youth! Still need a girl leader! Keep praying PREEZ

1 comment:

  1. Love reading your posts, Luis! It's exciting to see what God's doing though you. We'll keep praying for you. Miss you. :)

    ReplyDelete