Thursday, November 3, 2011

A little bit of this, and a little bit of that.



Aloha mah Braddah Braddahs, hope you are finding yourselves awesome! I'm doing my best to stay dry here in this rainy Hawaii weather. Last night we had quite the storm come in! Well here's another update for you!

 Last night I had the chance to head down with the Koffmans, Joe and Sammi(Not Reggie and Juli haha), to a young adult bible study they attend in Waialua, not too far from us. The plan was to go through Psalm 119, but God had other plans that night. I met some great people, and we shared prayer requests right at the beginning which made for an interesting night. One of the guys whose name was Paul is from Fullerton, went to Biola and is now in the Airforce. His family actually lives in Brea! The house owner was Britt, an amazing woman! Another guy is John. Now John is part of something awesome called the Red Light Angels.

What the Red light Angels do is they go down to Waikiki and areas with heavy prostitution to talk to the women out there and offer to serve them, get to know them, and show them some love. John shared asked us to keep one particular family in prayer.
This one family is composed of:

  •  the mother, who is a prostitute and has been for many years.
  •  4 Kids, 3 boys and 1 girl. The girl has a child, and has another on the way
  • The Father is the pimp, but seems to be MIA at the moment.



The Red light angels have recently been given the ability to move her in to an apartment which is a welcome change for the kids, being that they have been living in hotels their whole life. They were so excited to receive a couch and have it be theirs. We are partnering with them to help them get as many household items as we can. I hope to be a part of this with John and the other Red light angels ASAP. John expressed that they could use more guys and I've been waiting for just such an opportunity.

God is doing great things over here. I'm so glad that I get to update you guys. Please pray for me and what God is doing through myself and the others here. If you feel led to support me financially, one time or monthly, refter to the post just before this one to help you out! or Just talk to me! I still have a good amount of free time to my hands, but I can see that changing very soon! Your Hawaiian word of the day is Ohana: Family. Stay connected my Ohana! Love you all



Ps. Here's a picture of the Garden beds I cleaned up 

No comments:

Post a Comment