Monday, December 12, 2011

The Holidays approaching!

+

Whats the best snack?
Grapenuts + Applesauce = amazing. 

Here the rain comes down and its life as usual. Its just part of life, you hardly see an umbrella. In fact only in moments of weakness do I feel tempted to take one with me, but then I think...I'm a MAN...I MUST PRESS ON. Funny when you can turn not taking an umbrella/jacket with you into a manly moment...

Sent out all the Christmas cards I could this month so if you gave me your address you should be getting them or have already received them. I've already had some responses! You guys are awesome! I'll be sending out a thank you letter in January.

Well just a short update:

This last Friday was the Christmas parade in Haleiwa town. It was so much fun hanging out and watching the different businesses/schools/marching bands go by, they seemed to really enjoy themselves. My favorite part was when Santa rode by. The kids around me got very excited. I remember in the past thinking to myself "I'm not going to let my kid(s) believe in Santa.", but now I'm not so sure I feel that way. Afterwards we headed to the Koinonia room, where Tyler Nakamura, one of the worship leaders for North shore Christian fellowship, was showcasing some classic Christmas songs with his band. It reminded me of home, what with the soundcheck and the different musicians involved. I miss my musician friends!

Well this past Sunday I had the privilege of leading worship for BOTH services, traditional and contemporary. It was my first time leading for the 9am traditional service, and I was a bit nervous about it. I sort of had this image in my head of the older people booing me off stage haha! "WHERE'S OUR USUAL GUY!? BOOO THIS GUY!" Obviously...thats not how it went down, haha. It went way better than that. They were great.

Also I've been reading a lot! I just finished Soul Cravings by Erwin Mcmanus. I must tell you it was a fantastic read. If you have friends that are questioning about life and faith, or if YOU yourself have questions its a great book about desires that are within us all. Now i'm moving on to Forgotten God by Francis Chan, which I feel is just perfect for the season I'm in right now.


<--Find it on www.amazon.com for cheap!


Well thats where i'm at for now! I'm excited to be here for the Christmas and New years. I'd love to hear from anyone and everyone! I'll be posting another update before then I hope. If you're praying for me let me know! I'd love to know I have the support of my friends and family back home. Mahalo!

1 comment: