Saturday, November 5, 2011

Worthy is the Lamb!

Howzit my Braddah Braddas!? I hope you all find yourself well! For my Californian friends I know its pretty chilly out there. Stay warm! Stay alive! As for me the weather is pretty consistently Hawaiian hahaha! Lets get down to brass tax (I'm not sure what that means...)

Last night was Friday night and we had youth bible study led by yours truly. I had a total of 5 guys, all boys, so it felt a lot like having my D-group. Usually we chow down on some Impossible pizza but Luis doesn't have the change for that right now haha! So Fried chicken it is! The guys chowed down and consumed it all, even all the drinks I had bought. These dudes can put food and drink away I'll tell you that.  After some hangout time we got to discussion time. Our discussion was on Worship. What worship is, why we worship God etc.

Afterwards we practiced getting a little silly in worship for the Lord. I shared with them about how this place should be a place where they can get really outside of themselves and let go, not having to think about what other people think about them. Kids feel so pressured to look cool and be accepted by their friends that they miss out on so much of the benefits of worshiping God. In the end I think it went really well. Thank you to those who have joined me in prayer for these kids.

I'm going to keep this update short, tomorrow is sunday! I would love you guys to continue praying for me and what God is doing here. While praying and worshiping this afternoon I felt God really calling for a desperation for Him. I began to pray that my own desperation for God would be a blessing and an example to my peers/leaders/friends, believers AND non-believers. What am I saying with my life and the way I live it? I leave you with that, and another hawaiian word: Pau(pronounced pow), meaning I'm done.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you all who are supporting and sending out our worship/youth leader to us! He is such a blessing to our church. We are small, but we are a light for Jesus in a culture that just wants to live for today. Luis is a bright light and is helping us SHINE! Thank You!

    ReplyDelete