Wednesday, November 9, 2011

He > I


Well its been a few days since my last post. I'm still alive, call off the search people. Let me give you some highlights of the past few days

Mark let me borrow his hollow body guitar, along with an amp and a BOSS ME-70 pedal fx board, which looks like this  Obviously...this looks like a time machine...but its not, and I aim to spend time on this a little everyday getting myself more familiar with it so that eventually I can play lead guitar for worship. I'll be a regular Dave Brunelle!! Haha, yea right, in mine and Chris Saunders' dreams maybe. I have been spending quality time with it though and its getting a little easier every time.

Mark also went out of his way to hang out with me Tuesday and introduce me to some of the local Christian guys in town. Mark btw, is like my uncle out here, and let me tell you, he's a super blessing. I felt like a little kid being introduced to my new friends as we walked into the He is Greater than I store.
He is Greater than I is a Christian clothing store out here in Haleiwa town run by guys who grew up here. 





 I wasn't sure if I should have been hiding behind Mark as he introduced me, while "I wonder if they'll like me"ran through my mind. I took the opportunity to share that joke with them. Upon first glance at them I knew I was going to be able to gel with these guys, but I had to make sure my first impression was a good one, meaning that they knew afterwards that I was funny and confident. Chris knows what I'm talking about. It just so happened that hanging out there was a youth pastor from the church across the street, so not only did I get to meet the store guys, but some of the guys involved in ministry close by. It was really cool to put faces to other people that God has called out here.

Afterwards we checked out the Christian bookstore just across the way. The people there were kind and welcoming. As Mark was chatting it up, he knows everyone, I went and perused my favorite part of bookstores, the USED section. I picked up Erwin Mcanus' Soul Cravings, noticed how cheap it was, and walked it over to the counter. The lady, Jody, looked at me and said "You want that book? You can have it, its mine anyway." Blessings! I've already gotten into the book and its tough to stay out of it. 





Pastor comes home saturday from his mainland trip, so thats going to make this place a little less quiet. Also, a week from today John Mediana is flying in to the Island to do some work! A familiar face YESSSSS! I know Jesus' plan for everyone is just have them move here to see me. John is only the beginning!

Keep praying for me friends! I start giving music lessons on Thursday, so pray those go well! Your financial and spiritual support is always welcome. Thanks for reading!

PS: Here's the link for the online store to www.hegreaterthani.com/  great Christmas ideas!

1 comment: