Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!

Happy new Year And Merry Christmas!
Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!  Mele Kalikimaka!

My first holidays away from home were tough, but I was glad for the growing experience. I just now finished my thank you cards and I'm just about ready to mail them out. I'm excited to continue sharing with you all the great things that are happening out here on the North shore of Oahu

Here are some of the highlights that happened in December

  • We partnered with the North Shore Christian Fellowship and The Mission church for an outreach at the local skatepark (Banzai) Tons of food and giveaways and a short documentary film was shared about a well-known successful skater, Christian Hosoi, and his encounter with Christ. Kids had a great time and there was a number of kids who responded to the Salvation invitation.
  • My friend Danny from home realized I had a need for a camera. So he sent me one! It arrived Christmas Eve, just in time! Now you'll be seeing more pictures!
  • Our Christmas Eve service was tons of fun. Many visitors, and we had a great time in prayer
  • My friends Nick and Kirsten had their first baby boy! His name is Luke! I got to hold him when he was barely more than a day old. That was an experience!
  • I went caroling with some of the carolers from our church. It was nothing like Caroling with Corey Hirsch and the carolers from the Cause, but it sure was an experience haha. 
There really is so much more to share now that we're in this New year! I'll save it for the next post though, which will come sooner than later. Thanks so much again to those of you who responded to my last support letter. Your support is the only way I can really make it here. God works through you! Are any of you fasting? I started fasting with the Cause on the 1st. Its day 4/21: one of the hardest days for me. I'll get through it! I'm hungry for God to move this year. Here are a couple of my favorite Christmas lit houses/buildings from the Neighbor hood that I took with my new little cam cam:







1 comment: