Thursday, January 19, 2012

Fasting, praying, going, staying

It's day 19 of our 21 day fast. I'm getting excited to be complete. I've been seeking God for wisdom on a number of things during, and it's incredible what has happened already.

We(myself, Sam, Spencer and Tyler) had our first rehearsal this past Tuesday in the chapel here at Sunset Beach Christian. After having been e-mailing each other songs for the past couple weeks, I could really feel our excitement at finally meeting up and beginning to live out this vision God placed in us. It was becoming real. Now it's not just a paper idea. We had a successful rehearsal and prayed for God to give us further wisdom and encouragement. I must say that as we rehearsed I really began to miss the Movement band. Daniel Clark, Chris Kim, Scott Greytak, James Larson, and of course James Paek and David Brunelle. I can't wait to see them in February!

Another adventure included a friend of mine ,Colleen. Colleen is recovering from a foot injury that she incurred a few months ago and so can't drive herself long distances. This is where I come to the rescue! I rode my bike over to her home and chauffeured her to Target. I previously did not even know there WAS a Target on the Island. Apparently there's two....btw Target is awesome and terribly addicting. Probably a good thing its 30-45 minutes away.



After a couple hours at Target(Tar-jay) we proceeded to a health foods store called Down to Earth. What a cool place! Reminded me of a Henry's. I can't wait to need to restock my shelves with stuff so that I can go back and buy food there!

After Down to Earth we went and closed down Costco. Boy do I love Costco, more-so when i'm not fasting though. Costco is such a delightful place. It's like Disneyland for Groceries. As you can tell we went to a few places on our trip. Here on the North shore, when you go into town it's likely you are running multiple errands. You have to be in order to really justify your trip.

Finally Teresa made an appearance on the Island and we hung out a couple times actually! It was so great to see a familiar from-home face. Hanging out with her family was a great way to spend my Monday/day-off.

Well that's pretty much all for now. I do have a roommate for a little bit while i'm here. It's proven to be pretty interesting. The whole going from living alone to now having another body here. We're still getting to know each other so I'm hoping after this fast we'll be able to connect over some great food. Food has that power to really bring people together....mmmm....Togetherness.

1 comment: