Monday, October 31, 2011

First Sunday.

Aloha everyone. I hope your weekends have been as great as mine. Saturday night after the Katie's first birthday we had a little potluck here on the commune(Thats what we call the property we live on haha) with those of us who live here and a couple friends. It was a great food but one of my favorite items was this dip Nick's wife Kirsten made. It was made with a cream cheese base, top that with pumpkin butter, on top of that sprinkle some chopped walnuts and bits of bacon. I probably could have finished the whole thing. I didn't though, I controlled myself :D


After that we began watching Unknown, which I had never really been interested in watching since it just looked like another Jason Bourne wanna-be, and I love me some Jason Bourne(right?). Part way through the movie I get a text and start skyping with Janna and everyone at the Brinner party, which was so hilarious. I had a lot of fun skyping them, and really felt like I WAS at the party haha. I do miss my friends!


Well Sunday came the next morning and it was time to attend the morning service. The first service, which starts at 9, is a more traditional service. Meaning the worship is all hymns, the service elements are a bit different, and the congregation is mostly the older generation. It was fun and interesting hearing songs I had never heard before. I thought I knew some hymns, but not the ones from the 1950s I guess. One that I can recall is called "Are you washed in the blood of the lamb?". Another thing that is done in that service as that one of the elders takes prayer requests from the congregation. He asks them to raise their hand and share any requests they may have, and then, after all requests are taken, he/we pray for them.


I led worship for the 2nd service and It went much better than I thought. I tend to doubt my guitar playing/leading abilities, but I think that having been able to go to mexico just last weekend and lead so much there really helped prepare me. I would much rather not have to play guitar and just lead vocally but I'm guessing thats not what God has planned. He's trying to grow me, and I will definitely grow if I keep this up. After the service everyone heads to the fellowship hall for some lunch. Fellowshipping over food and coffee is the best! Community is super encouraged and I'm glad for it being that I'm still pretty new. 


I realized that back home I was pretty spoiled with an awesome network of musicians. Now over here I don't know any! I'm going to have to rebuild a network of musicians I can hang with and jam with. Hopefully maybe some of my musician friends will vacation here? Hmmm? sound appealing? haha


Well thanks again to all of those praying and supporting. Specific things I'm praying for are : Financial support for myself, That the youth would learn the heart of worship, and that the congregation would be led to serve the Church. Missing you already! Mahalo

No comments:

Post a Comment