Saturday, October 29, 2011

Here's to the weekend :)

Aloha! I Hope you all find yourself well on this saturday morning. Today happens to be Katie's(the Pastor's baby) 1st Birthday! I'm just about ready to get started setting up for her afternoon shindig. You only turn 1 once so its going to be great! "Its all downhill from here kid!" HAHA!


Well, Last night (Friday) we had our regular youth bible study. The few that came were familiar faces and greeted me with "welcome back!" We enjoyed some pool playing and pizza eating (Impossible pizza that is, SOOOO GEEEEWWWD) and then got into a time of worship. I could tell for the kids that worship is still something that they are not quite comfortable doing, or may not understand, which presents a challenge. I know that that is one of the reasons I'm called to be here. To not only LEAD worship, but to TEACH the kids and church what worship is and get them to a place where they can do that openly. I would appreciate your prayers on this matter. Afterwards we discussed the first few verses of Romans ch.1 in great detail. Pastor Larry led the discussion and he proved to be quite the knowledgeable Braddah.


It was a great time and being that there were just a few kids I was able to really spend sometime connecting and learning more about them. Jp is a great soccer player. Caio could use more practice on the pool table. Katie loves Anime! Jack is passionate about skateboarding. Next week I get to hang out with them all on my own since Pastor and his family will be on the Mainland visiting family.


Well folks, time to go help out with the set up. As always you can write me words of encouragement here or my email Marsisnotspectacular@gmail.com. Or text/call 909 236 3729. As usual any financial support you can help me with is always appreciated. Thanks so much for reading! Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment