Monday, January 9, 2012

Chilly days in Haleiwa town



Its Januray 9th, around 60 degrees here! I'm cold! HAHA how are you faring?

This first week and a half of 2012 has been so incredible already. I'm SO pumped for the rest of the year to pan out.

This past Tuesday I had the great opportunity to meet with a few of the worship leaders from the North shore Area: Tyler and Spencer from North Shore Christian Fellowship, and Sam from the Mission. We talked about the need for our community to have a time of worship in which the whole community comes together, that is, starting with the 3 church communities. I was so excited to hear their hearts. It was encouraging for me to know that others here are willing to fight this battle.
 

Sam shared, "...I've been to a plenty of dark places on mission trips, but when I visited here for the first time I felt a heaviness like no other..."

I felt that statement rung true. I have had the opportunity to be amongst the poor and very needy. I find though, that those people are the ones most open to receiving a better life with Christ, that is if they don't already have one. They already have the attitude of "there is more to be had than this". Here in paradise though it seems people are for the most part satisfied and content with life as it is. Its hard to imagine a better life among these amazing beaches, amazing homes. "What could be better than what I have?" Someone must share with them the Joy that we have in Christ (Romans 10: 14-15), that all this beauty will fade away.

Truth is we all need God equally. We ALL need God.

So I'm excited to be a part of our worship nights. We'll be rehearsing next week!









1 comment: