Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The past month in a jiffy.





Malasadas...do you even need to ask?




Well I've definitely lagged on the posting so here goes an update for those of you following along.

Visited home and saw as many friends and family as I possibly could in a week! Celebrated Joel's marriage to Bethany AND my Birthday in the same weekend. It was possibly the most fun I've ever had in a week ever, AND the most exhausting. I had the opportunity to perform a song for my family; the first time I ever performed for them. It was a huge moment for me because up until then all I was to them was talk. It was so much fun to be able to share with them my passion.

Came back here and on Feb. 24th had our first ever combined church worship night with The Mission and North shore christian fellowship. Approx. 50 people showed up and it was a great first ever. Planning the next one sometime after Easter.

The 25th of Feb. I was able to view and support the showing of a documentary called "Sex and Money" about Human Trafficking in the United States. The community gym was packed with people hungry for awareness. It was really neat to see people united with the desire to end injustice in this world.

STN(Surfing the Nations) came with their team of interns. Most of them were from Sweden and the rest were Canadian/South African/Australian. They helped us finish some projects around the property here.

Those are the biggest events up until now. Can you believe it's already March? It's been rather rainy on this lil' Island of ours. 11 inches of rain on average for the last week. I'm afraid of losing my SWEET tan. The rain surely has me missing my friends back home but I've become quite used to meeting and connecting with new people here on the Island. 

I need more skype time with some of you! find me if you don't have me already. My email is Marsisnotspectacular@gmail.com

woohoo! Keep praying for me here folks. Things are going very well, but very stretching! Thanks so much for all your continued support!

No comments:

Post a Comment